Sunday, January 17, 2010

Thoughts on major life decisions and change.

Last year at this time I was working with the youth of our church in little bitty Wayne, NE. This year I find myself finishing up my first semester at Dallas Theological Seminary in Dallas TEXAS!!! What a year. It amazes me to look back at all that's happened and see God's hand upon my life. He has provided everything we need and more. Finances, friends, free-time, it has been an amazing year. One thing I've learned from the whole experience is that for me God seems to just show me enough of His plan for me to go forward. I wish I knew what life would look like in a year from now, or even better 5 years from now, but that's not the way that He has worked. He always gives enough but never enough so that I can just sit back and depend on myself. He loves for me to depend on Him, in big decisions and in small, seemingly trivial decisions. My Heavenly Father wants to be intimately involved in all of my life. When I step back and look at things, I see that it really isn't about the end goal anyways, this process of life is really about me walking hand in hand with Him. My prayer for myself and for you is that you would know and walk closely with this gracious Father who wants nothing more than for you to do life with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment